If you are wondering why your DualSense controller won’t connect to the PS5 console or has other connection problems, you can try these fixes to ensure the PS5 DualSense controller works properly.
As we’ll discuss later in this article, here are the possible problems and the fixes you can make to ensure that your PS5 DualSense wireless controller works as it should. It will discuss pairing issues with the controller, how to reset the DualSense controller on a PS5 as well as any charging issues with the PS5 controller. Additionally, we will discuss the PS5 DualSense controller update and any issues with pairing multiple controllers.
How to Connect a DualSense Controller to a PS5 Console?
Note: To connect your DualSense controller to another PS5, you’ll need to use a Type-C cable to connect it to that console. You can only connect one controller at a time to one PS5. Additionally, you can only pair up to four controllers with one console at a time.
To pair a PS5 DualSense for the first time, you’ll need a Type-C cable, which you’ll find in the box.
1. Turn on your Sony PlayStation 5. Additionally, make sure that the console’s controller is sufficiently charged for pairing.
2. Connect the Type-C cable of the DualSense controller to the PS5 console and press the PS button.
PS5 DualSense Controller Connection Issues
Let’s take a look at two of the most common connectivity issues you can encounter when connecting your PS5 DualSense controller to your console.
How to Reset PS5 DualSense Controller Pairing Issues?
Make sure you are using the official Type-C cable provided by Sony and the console before you attempt to fix any pairing issues. The PS5 DualSense wireless controller can usually be reset to fix any issues in most cases.
1. As a first step, disconnect the DualSense controller from the PS5 console and make sure it is off.
2. The controller’s reset button is on the back. To find it, look for a small hole.
3. Press the reset button for approximately 4-5 seconds with a sim ejector tool or a small paper clip.
4. Your PS5 DualSense controller will be reset when you hold the reset button for 4-5 seconds, so you should no longer have any connectivity issues.
5. In the event that the above fix does not work, you should get your DualSense PS5 controller repaired by a professional.
How to Connect Multiple PS5 DualSense Controllers to the Console?
Up to four DualSense controllers can be connected to a single PS5 console at any one time. You can also pair the wireless controller wirelessly if you’re pairing it for the first time. For those who already have a DualSense controller paired with a PS5, you’ll need to connect it with a Type-C cable, preferably the one that came with the console.
1. You must perform a soft reset on your new wireless controller before you begin pairing it. Press the PS button until the controller lights turn off.
2. Go to the PS5’s settings, then put the DualSense controller into pairing mode by pressing the PS button and the share button for approximately 4-5 seconds.
3. Go to the Accessories section of the settings menu.
4. Select General, then Bluetooth accessories from the accessories menu.
5. Next, select the console and click the wireless pairing button.
How to Fix the PS5 DualSense Controller Not Charging During the Rest Mode Issue?
Many PS5 owners may have experienced this issue at some point in time. Your PS5 DualSense controller will not charge when it is in rest mode if there is a simple fix. As well, while charging the PS5 DualSense wireless controller in rest mode, the lights will blink orange and go out when the controller has been fully charged.
1. On the PS5 console, verify that the DualSense controller settings are correct.
2. Access the settings of your PS5 console.
3. Select System from the settings menu.
4. Go to the Power Savings option in the system menu.
5. Last but not least, click on Features available in rest mode and choose to set USB ports to supply power for 3 hours.
While you’re at it, here’s what you can do if you’re experiencing vibrations with your PS5 DualSense controller. Check your PS5’s settings. Make sure the vibration intensity is set to default (strong) in settings > Accessories > Controllers.
Last but not least, in case you weren’t aware, the PS5 DualSense controller can only be updated via a Type-C cable and not wirelessly. Follow the instructions on the screen to update your DualSense controller. While you wait for the instructions, you can follow these steps: Go to PS5’s Settings > Accessories > Controllers > Wireless controller device settings and click on update.
After going over the majority of the fixes you can perform on your PS5 without a professional’s help, we hope that we were able to resolve any issues you might be having with your DualSense controller. Feel free to let us know if any other fixes are needed via comments.
If your DualSense controller for PS5 isn’t working, or if you’re experiencing other problems, this article will guide you through the process of fixing it.Spread the love