The importance of the RTLS (Real-Time Locating System) solution to provide information on location in real-time for assets (equipment or employees) is not a debate anymore. But, there has been a rapid use of the technology across different industries. The reason lies in the technology utilized to create RTLS solutions. Now and then, there is a breakthrough technology that promises to transform how things are conducted.
In addition to increasing the capacity of our existing equipment, it can also make futuristic possibilities more appealing and make it easier to work. One of the most recent of these innovations is ultra-wideband technology. While UWB’s future is exciting, it’s already trendy at the moment and has already changed the possibilities of what we can do with our gadgets.
Here is a look at the review of RTLS solutions that are based on technology. Every single active RTLS solution is currently available such as WiFi-based beacons, Active RFID/Ultra Wide Band (UWB), ZigBee Ultrasound beacons, and others, come with their own set of issues which do not permit them to be scaled across verticals and usage scenarios.
- WiFi-based beacons are costly, the sensors’ batteries usually aren’t long-lasting, and the accuracy could be better. To improve accuracy, the majority of the time, the deployment of more access points can be complicated and expensive.
- Active RFID/UWB can be expensive but offers a high range and excellent precision. But, it needs to be more scalable due to the cost involved.
- Passive RFID is less expensive. However, it does not offer a wide range (under 30 feet. In most cases). The passive tags are generally inexpensive, but receivers are enormous and costly. Typically, this type of technology is best suited to choke points.
- Ultrasound suffers from the range and the high cost.
- Indoor location tracking has become increasingly important in various industries, enabling businesses to precisely monitor and manage the movements of assets, personnel, and visitors within their facilities. Thanks to its exceptional indoor location tracking capabilities, Redlore’s RTLS technology increases warehouse productivity to new heights.
- Simple Bluetooth beacons that rely on signal strength alone must be more precise.
This is where Bluetooth and the latest location algorithms in an intelligent cloud shine. With the fact that last year more than a million Bluetooth gadgets were shipped, it is clear that you could enjoy excellent on-chip capabilities at less than. Today’s majority of BLE chipsets come with powerful ARM processors and robust feature sets and are powered by low and cost a tiny amount.
If you’re able to work using Bluetooth, you will be able to get up to 100 feet. Up to 150 feet. Triangulation between the Access points (Bluetooth-WiFi gateways). The most exciting aspect of Bluetooth is that it can work with phones so that you can sense Bluetooth beacon signals coming from phones and even phones.
But is it feasible to achieve a location accuracy of less than a meter with Bluetooth? Yes, and Bluvision can provide it. Through combing smart firmware on beacons that are sending custom messages, with RTLS as a goal, intelligent firmware on gateways, and advanced algorithms for location in the cloud platform, we can attain the accuracy of less than one meter even in open, large spaces with “challenging environment” such as lots of metal, people and RF noise.
Is High-Accuracy RTLS Affordable?
A high-quality, high-accuracy real-time position system (RTLS) will soon be accessible with the new wire-free installation service unveiled on March 28, 2022. Real-time location systems, often known as on-site asset tracking, enable us to track down parts, pallets, containers, tools, people, and other items that are Assets at a storage facility, shipyard, production area, in offices, a hospital, or in a ship, or any other place.
The RTLS system tracks assets using a wireless electronic device, the Tag. Access Points fit the yard, building, or ship, also called Positioning Anchors, which are located on a grid to capture wireless signals generated by the Tag.
The older RTLS systems, which are based on WIFI and Bluetooth BLE, are limited in their precision for positioning, typically 5m indoors. In many situations, more than this accuracy is needed to locate the small parts of a machine in the workshop. Since the introduction of Ultra-Wide Band (UWB) technologies, 15cm (1/2 feet) precision is now feasible.
Modern Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS) https://redlore.com have risen in popularity due to the introduction of modern technology. The advances in RTLS technology have transformed various sectors, such as manufacturing, logistics, healthcare, and retail.
The capability to monitor and track assets, people, and inventory in real time has dramatically increased productivity, efficiency, and safety. With features like RFID Wi-Fi, RFID, Bluetooth, and cloud-based software, modern RTLS solutions provide reliable and actionable data which can be used for more effective decision-making and enhancing business processes.Spread the love