Tempered Glass Vs Plastic Screen Protector: Which Should You Select?
Smartphones and tablet gadgets have grow to be an crucial part of our lives, getting used day inside and outside. For this purpose, it is paramount that they continue to be undamaged; display protectors offer the suitable way of doing simply this: these thin sheets of plastic or glass cover each front and back screens of phones/tablets protecting from unintentional drops that would otherwise reason scratches to the show itself and scratches to its screen itself.
There are various kinds of screen protectors but in this blog I will help guide you towards selecting your ideal option between Tempered glass vs Plastic!
What is the Difference Between Tempered Glass and Plastic Screen Protectors?
Tempered Glass Screen Protectors are thin pieces of glass with plastic on the backside. When put together, they make a screen protector.
Plastic Screen Protectors are thin pieces of plastic that stick to the screen of your phone. Tempered Glass Screen Protector is thicker and therefore less likely to crack quickly, providing extra peace of mind when protecting a screen from cracking quickly.
* Tempered glass screen protector is thin, durable, and scratch-resistant.
* Tempered glass screen protector block about 99% of harmful UV rays.
* Tempered glass screen protector can support almost every size device.
* Tempered glass screen protectors come in many colors and designs.
* Tempered glass screen protector is more durable than plastic protectors.
* Plastic screen protectors or plastic protectors are easy to put on and take off.
* Plastic screen protectors typically cost less than tempered glass protectors.
* Plastic screen protectors are less durable than tempered glass protectors.
* Plastic screen protectors block about 99% of harmful blue light.
* Plastic screen protectors usually cover more of your screen than tempered glass protectors.
* Plastic screen protectors can be frosted, which can make a phone look slightly distorted.
* Plastic screen protectors do not cover all sizes of devices.
* Plastic screen protectors typically come in black or white.
Do Tempered Glass or Glass Screen Protectors Perform Better?
Screen protectors come in all sorts of varieties for different phones and tablets. An iPhone might benefit from using a tempered glass screen protector while Android devices may prefer glass protection instead.
Glass and optical screen protectors both offer ample protection for your phone, but there are some distinct differences between the two options.
- Tempered glass screen protectors can be damaged if dropped on hard surfaces, while regular glass screen protectors could shatter.
- Tempered glass screen protectors provide greater longevity, while glass screen protectors may become scratched or cracked over time.
- Glass screen protectors have a slick surface, making it easier to smudge the screen. Tempered glass screen protectors have an anti-fingerprint coating that keeps them free from smears and fingerprints.
- Glass screen protectors are easier to install since they don’t require a heating step.
Which One is More Durable?
Tempered Glass Vs Plastic Screen Protector- Which one is more durable?
Many people would obviously say that tempered Glass protectors are more durable than Plastic Screen Protectors. But in reality? Would you agree with me?
Let me first make sure which you fully draw close the idea of Tempered Glass. Tempered Glass refers to any piece of glass which has been dealt with with heat so as to boom durability and make it stronger and more secure for use.
Tempered glass can be found everywhere from car windows and buildings, to electronic device displays, thanks to its use in heat-bending processes. Tempered glass’s strength comes from being strengthened using this process: heating it then cooling quickly causes it to bend evenly into its desired shape before being rapidly cooled again, changing molecular behavior and adding additional internal stresses within its composition.
Tempered glass can be found wherever strong and durable materials are required, including car windshields or building windows. Because it offers excellent resistance properties, tempered glass has also become widely utilized in electronic devices like phones, computer monitors and laptops.
Tempered Glass offers an alternative to plastic screen protectors in mobile devices due to its strength and resistance; but how does it differ?
- Light Weight
- Easy to Install
- Easy to Clean
- Scratch Proof
However, despite all the advantages that tempered glass has such as being scratch resistant, lightweight, easy to install, etc. some problems might occur:
- Tempered glass has a 5 times higher rate of breaking than a plastic screen protector.
- Tempered glass is not a cheap screen protector, while plastic screen protectors are cheaper.
- Tempered glass breaks easily when dropped.
- Tempered glass scratches more easily than plastic screen protectors.
- Tempered glass is too fragile to be bent
Which One Provides a Better Screen Protection?
If they are both so similar how can you pick one as the better? Let me explain.
What Should Be Considered When Selecting Tempered Glass Screen Protectors?
Tempered Glass has been specially fabricated and treated to offer enhanced strength, hardness, and flexibility – qualities which make glass screen protectors far more durable than plastic alternatives.
Tempered glass provides superior scratch and fingerprint resistance and significantly less reflection compared to regular glass surfaces, plus less risk of cracking or shattering and easier application.
Tempered glass can withstand greater pressure than plastic.
Additionally, the glass protector helps keep your phone’s screen glossy and clear from plastic screen protectors.
How Can You Select Tempered Glass Screen Protectors?
Tempered glass screens are composed of scratch-resistant materials that make them relatively strong, making their purchase unnecessary for most consumers; but if you need assistance finding one, here are a few pointers:
- Know what phone model you have.
- Know how your device is being used.
- See how thin the tempered glass is.
- Make sure it doesn’t leave bubbles behind.
- Make sure the edges and corners are correctly rounded.
- Make sure the tempered glass doesn’t distort the colors on your screen.
Which One is Worth the Money?
Which screen protector is better?
Screen protectors come in all kinds of styles and forms, which makes finding one that best meets your needs challenging. Each variety offers distinct advantages and drawbacks; which one should best meet them?
Tempered Glass Vs Plastic Screen Protector
1. Tempered Glass Screen Protector
- Offers the best protection for your smartphone screen
- Offers the best scratch protection
- Offers the best oil resistance
- Offers the best clarity
- Easy to clean
- Pretty thin
- Doesn’t interfere with touch sensitivity
- Reduces glare
- Doesn’t interfere with touch sensitivity
- Easy to break
- Can crack if dropped
- Requires a lot of care
2. Plastic Screen Protector
- Very thin and lightweight
- Covers any curved edge phone
- Very inexpensive
- Not as durable as tempered glass
- Doesn’t give as smooth a surface as tempered glass
- Not easy to install
- Not reusable
Screen protectors designed to prevent screen damage on smartphones with touchscreens can be confusing when choosing between them, with each offering distinct pros and cons that may make choosing difficult. That is why we created this comprehensive guide outlining various types of available protectors as well as which brand makes the best ones; hopefully this post has been educational; please feel free to leave any feedback in the comments if any queries or feedback come up – I look forward to hearing from you all!Spread the love